What is the Student AssistanceProgram?
The purpose or this program is to identify and help troubled studentsexperiencing difficulties in school due to a variety of problems.Ms. Doyle is the Student Assistance Counselor for Parsippany HighSchool.
- Alcohol or other drug problems
- Changes or crises in your family - divorce, separation, death, illness
- Suicidal thoughts
- Poor self-image or self-esteem
- Troubles with friends or parents
- Feeling sad or lonely
- Eating disorders
- Academic problems – anxiety or motivation
- You may refer yourself by coming to Ms. Doyle’s office in Guidance and making an appointment.
- You may refer a friend if you are concerned about him/her. This is kept confidential.
- Your guidance counselor, teacher, principal or assistant principal may refer you to meet with Ms. Doyle.All referrals are confidential.
Ms.Doyle works with students in groups or on a one-to-one basis to givethem the support and information needed to function better.*Allconversations are kept confidential unless the student is suicidal,homicidal, or being abused. In these three situations, Ms. Doylemust share information with the proper people to keep the student safe.
What does confidential mean?
- This means that Ms. Doyle cannot share anything you tell her without your permission*.
- Students may want additional support from other people in the school such as the nurse or a guidance counselor. Ms. Doyle can help build a “Go To” team only with the student’s permission.
Formore information please contact
Aimée Doyle – StudentAssistance Counselor
(973) 263-7001 x2312 or email@example.com